The META:PHI Google group/listserv is an active online community of about 850 doctors, nurses, counsellors, and administrators in Ontario and across Canada. It is a discussion forum for addiction-related questions, cases, articles, and policies. If you have questions about this group, please contact Sarah Clarke.
Signing up and participating
To access the group as a mailing list, send an e-mail to Sarah Clarke with the following information:
- Your role and institution
- The e-mail address where you would like to receive the messages
- How you would prefer to receive the messages:
- Receive each message as a separate e-mail
- Receive a daily digest e-mail with the text of up to 25 messages bundled together
- Receive a daily abridged e-mail with a summary of the day's post subjects and authors (content of posts not included; viewable only through the online forum)
- Receive no e-mails; online forum access only
If you would like to access the group as an online forum, you will need to be signed up with an e-mail address that is associated with a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, go to the sign-up page to create an account. You can either create a new Gmail address (default) or use an existing e-mail account (click on "Use my current email address instead"). To join the group, sign into your Google account, go to the group page, click on "Apply for membership", and write your role and institution in the text box.
To post a message to the group, e-mail your message to email@example.com and it will be disseminated to all members after moderation. If you are signed up with a Google account, you can also post your messages on the group page.
To leave the group, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The META:PHI Google group is moderated; all messages are read by a moderator before they are posted to the group. If your message is not posted, you will receive a notification with an explanation. Messages may not be posted if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Cases with identifying information
- Replies to requests for services in a particular area (please send directly to the requester)
- Messages intended for an individual (please double-check the "To" address)
- "Low-content" messages (e.g., "Thanks!" "Interesting!")
- Posts that solicit referrals or advertise products/services
If you have any questions about why a message was not posted, please contact Sarah Clarke.
Code of conduct
The purpose of the META:PHI Google group is to facilitate discussion among colleagues across the addiction services field. Debate is welcome, but messages containing personal attacks or abusive language will not be posted.
If you have any concerns about a particular post, please contact Sarah Clarke, who will take the concern to the META:PHI team.